- Nov 16, 2018
I liked this idea; the pre-loaded questionnaire. It seemed best for a rambler like me thank you all for everything, I’m so glad to be here and YOU RULE! BYC 4 LIFE! YAY!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
- I am not new to chickens. I’ve been around them my whole life.
- I wasn’t able to get my first chicken until I moved into my own place in my mid twenties.
- Australorp. White Silkie. Dominique. Barred Plymouth Rock. Buff Orpington. Gold Star Sex-Link. Delaware. Porcelain Milles-des-Fleures. Bantam Cochin. Easter Egger. Americauna. Frizzle? ISA red. And cross-breed mutt type chickens.
- (Though btw I do care a lot about the Livestock Breed Conservatory. And NPIP on that note. And biosecurity)
- The challenges, honestly. Problem solving.
- As well as building coops, brooders, and optimal habitats.
- Combining my science background and skills with the bias of my love for these little critters; we get the best out of each other.
- Watching my little boo’s flourish. and when I’m freaking out with fear and lack of control; they show me; “we got this—it’s okay!” I under-estimate them. I love them.
- Comedy. Music. Making music. Sewing(newbie). Building anything-I want to do it all! Handyman-wannabe. Gardening. Art. Designing habitats. Learning to be a self-sufficient home-owner/homesteader.
- Occupation—vet tech. Other pets—cats and 2 deceased dogs.
- ALSO HAVE A COUPLE OF TURKEYS! NOT FOOD. MY DAMN PRIORITIES
- I found it through online searching info about chickens. It seems like it’s been 6+ years? Is that possible? It’s been my favorite place and has TRULY shepherded me through my life as a full-blown poultry..person hahaha this website even warned me! They said if you think you’re done at 5 chickens...just wait. They were SO SO CORRECT. On a serious note—i want to thank the countless ppl that helped me, if you only knew! Everyone on here is making a sincere difference.
- What made me finally want to join
- I felt like I was just taking and taking and not reciprocating. Though in the beginning, I had nothing TO reciprocate
- Secondly, there was this barrier, I’ve always wanted to be part of the community—i guess I’m just finally doing it now, I don’t know...it’s...I don’t know (getting embarrassed, losing words)