Howdy peeps! Just a curious amateur passing by

OtakuDeNoche

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2019
Texas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had quite a few years tending chickens but never with the incubation process.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have none at the moment, waiting for them to hatch :)
(3) What breeds do you have?
In another 12 hours, it's going to be day 20 and hopefully the Japanese Bantams start to show progress, currently all 7 eggs "wiggle" w/ one pipped already.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Hmm... as a young lad I always grew up around farm animals, and I like the beauty of the nature on aspect of raising farm creatures.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Some hobbies include the anime(if my screenname wasn't more obvious) & I enjoy fixing/building computers. So yea I'm a tech geek with passion for nature.
(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I actually came across this site about a month ago to prepare myself of how it's like to incubate eggs, and the results of various users on here have given me a lot of information which I gladly appreciate.

Last edited:
Welcome :welcome Nice to have you here! Good luck with your hatch!!!

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with the hatch, and the chick's that you will have!

Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Welcome!:welcome
Ooooh! Babies!! Wanna see!! Pictures pictures pictures!!
Best of luck with your first hatch:thumbsup
This is a great place to learn ALL things chicken :jumpy

Welcome to BYC!:frow

Feel free to ask questions, there are so many wonderful and knowledgeable people who will answer them :)

Good luck with your first hatch!

Welcome to our FUN-omenal community! :celebrate Best wishes and have Lots of FUN! :wee

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Good luck with your hatch.

Thanks fellow peeps for the warm welcome and I did make a seperate thread w/ pics! Anyways I'll keep posting my updates there. Y'all have a nice one now :highfive:

Thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/first-time-incubation-and-the-jp-bantams.1315997/

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had quite a few years tending chickens but never with the incubation process.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have none at the moment, waiting for them to hatch :)
(3) What breeds do you have?
In another 12 hours, it's going to be day 20 and hopefully the Japanese Bantams start to show progress, currently all 7 eggs "wiggle" w/ one pipped already.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Hmm... as a young lad I always grew up around farm animals, and I like the beauty of the nature on aspect of raising farm creatures.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Some hobbies include the anime(if my screenname wasn't more obvious) & I enjoy fixing/building computers. So yea I'm a tech geek with passion for nature.
(6) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I actually came across this site about a month ago to prepare myself of how it's like to incubate eggs, and the results of various users on here have given me a lot of information which I gladly appreciate.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom