Howdy Y'all!

MrsCrzytxan

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2024
Stephenville Texas
Hi y’all, my name is April Mathis, and I am a member of the non-pronoun generation, iykyk.
I am a born and raised Texan, and forever an East Texan. Home Sweet Home for us is in the Cowboy Capital of the World aka Stephenville, Texas. I love sports, hunting, fishing, lake life and beach life, playing cards, golfing, traveling, my big ole truck, photography and drinking whiskey or wine with my best friend aka my husband. We have been married for almost 10 years and we are a blended family, 2 boys and 2 girls ages ranging from 21 to 12. We have 2 horses, a bearded dragon, a Frenchie and I have a GSP and he is a mommy's boy all the way. After 20+ years in the medical and dental field, I decided I wanted to finish my criminal justice degree. Currently I am; a full-time pre-law student, a member of the NSLS & Phi Sigma Theta NHS at Tarleton State University. GO TEXANS, and Cheers to degree number two!!
Not too many people know that my husband went to TSU in the early 2000’s and that is where we originally met however, life took us on different paths (he enlisted in the US Army, I stayed in Texas) yet reconnected 12 years later. Very few college students can say they have a spouse, plus to add that their spouse is a TSU and KDR Alumni, that is just wild and yet so cool. I do miss working with all my pediatric patients and man do I miss the scrub life.
My husband and I have been chicken owners for a couple years now however, our very first flock was in 2016 when we were stationed in Fort Hood, Texas. We have had upwards of 45 chickens, we’ve incubated our own chickens with great success, and as of right now we have around 15 chickens in our “Coop Da Ville”, all are tiny raptor hens, including a couple silkies, some black sex links and Easter egger's. We love watching our flock grow and all their different personalities. I think my favorite breed so far are the silkies, just because they are so cute, very friendly and the eggs are so tiny, however, my best layers have been my Easter Eggers. Also, we are hoping to add a couple of ducklings in the near future.
Looking forward to being apart of this community.

1712783868082.png

Back
Top Bottom