Howdy

Woodnik

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2015
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens. I just received 16 day-old chicks two weeks ago, to scratch around and fertilize my soil and provide eggs. They are currentyl adorably cute!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Dark Cornish
Black Star
Black Australorp
Barred Rock

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have had chickens for about 2.5 years

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Easter Egger
Black Australorp
Barred Rock

Buff Orpington
Welsummer
Barnyard mixes

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google - I had questions and backyardchicken.com kept helping find the answers!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a good and thorough introduction and a nice mix of breeds. Black Stars (Black Sex Links) are my favorites as they are very friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 large, brown eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of eggs from that girl. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have a nice mixed flock, you'll be getting plenty of eggs with that bunch. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I definitely need a plan for the eggs... a topic to research more :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a good and thorough introduction and a nice mix of breeds. Black Stars (Black Sex Links) are my favorites as they are very friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 large, brown eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of eggs from that girl. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thanks for the good info. I'm checking it out now...

Back
Top Bottom