Howdy!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Old Philosopher, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Old Philosopher

Old Philosopher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2016
    Rocky Mountain Trench
    After lurking for several months, and finding myself returning here for tips and advice, I decided it was time to join.
    I've been keeping backyard layers for the past 21 years continuously, after a 10 year break from my first flock.
    My chickens live very well in the "Chicken Hilton" I built a few years ago. Right now my flock consists of Australorps, Brahmans, and Americanas. My newest layers are hybrids from those breeds.
    I'll find the appropriate spot, and post some pictures of my coop, if anyone is interested.
    Thanks for a great resource of information on caring for our feathered friends.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. This is a very appropriate place to post photos. We love to look at them.

3. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and [​IMG]
    We are glad you joined us!
    You have a lovely mix of breeds in your flock. A lot of us were lurkers too before we joined. [​IMG]
    Can't wait to see what your coop looks like!

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'll look forward to seeing your pics. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by