Howdy!

Hello and welcome to BYC - it’s great that you have joined us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

First, thank you all for such a nice welcome. I am new to sites like this - including threads. I am a little bit computer savvy but still had issues finding my own thread:p. Sooooo, sorry for such a delay in responding.

To answer the couple of questions:

1. Pics will be coming soon.

2. "Do I have a coop to house them all?"...welllllllll, yes. It is 12x12 which I have read (on this site:)) that you need 3-4 SF/bird. Obviously, this is a few SF short. There is an adequate amount of roosting space. Good thing is our run is big enough based on the numbers. They have access to the run daily. The concern is we are looking to move this year (hopefully) so I am hoping I don't have to add on to the coop plus I ain't that smert when it comes to construction stuff:). I can do it BUT have to have VERY detailed step-by-step plans - not just pictures.
We have 6 nesting boxes and I am planning on adding 3-4 more.

The only other issue is introducing the newbies. I just recently read how some are introducing chicks at 3-6 weeks...sadly, ours are close to 8 weeks. They have been enclosed in the coop for about 2 weeks now and have been seen but not touched but the mature ladies (and rooster which we have named Rico - he is very suave). My plan was to let them out as they got closer to the size of the established ones (as this is what I had been seeing in articles when I first researched this). Soooo, will probably be letting them out sooner than my original plan due to HOW FAST they are growing and will be too crowded to keep them confined.

Anywhoooo, probably more info than requested...and I know I will have more questions.

And thanks for the suggested info/links...y'all are awesome!

Wish I could figure out why they are sooooooooooooo much fun!:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom