Howdy!

Good idea, Melabella! Thanks! I just found the whole listing for the thousands of topics when trying to get back here.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I took some pictures while we were checking our girls (and still working on taming our Game Hens!) tonight. I'll post them as soon as I get them on the computer.

Greetings from Kansas, Morgan, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Sorry this welcome is so late. Best of luck in your poultry endeavors!

I finally got some pictures of my girls and babies.

First the "awwwww":

And now our girls. Clockwise from the top: McCluckins (who we keep threatening to become our Thanksgiving dinner. She could feed the family for a month!), Scrambled (because even though she appears to be the leader of the flock, she seems very easily confused), Scrapper (because her theory is fight now, think later, and she's also our problem hen. She hides her eggs and roosts in a tree whenever we let them out), and our 3 new RIRs. Only the middle one has a name so far and she's Beauty because my 7 year old thinks that she's the prettiest of the 3.

So cute,

What are the babies? Love it! The hens look healthy, and good luck with your big flock!

MB

The babies are apparently Delawares, and everything that's I've found is consistent with that. I really don't know enough about chicks/chickens yet to argue with that theory...lol. My chicken friend assures me that if that is the case, we got lucky.

I'm still holding my breath on "healthy". We were just given 2 older RIRs yesterday as well, so with 5 new chickens in the last week, I'm monitoring them carefully. It really makes me wish that the new coop was ready so that we could have a quarantine area.

The horses are Roo: 24 year old former racehorse, mostly retired, but mostly my big cuddly teddy bear. He's had some health issues during the move, but when he's back to 100%, I'm sure we'll be riding around more often again.

And Belle: 12 year old, also former racer. She's a rescue, and full of vinegar. But she's pretty...lol. Back in TX, she got stuck with the nickname "Basketcase Barbie"...

The first picture is a 24yo? If it is, you are to be commended,,, he is in excellent condition, body score wonderful. I love when people realize that horses can be productive well into their 20's, especially when taken care of as Roo obviously is!

Good luck with your horses, and thank you for caring for Off the Track Thoroughbreds. They need all the support they can get!

MB

Back
Top Bottom