Howmuch snow ya got?

Our yard was a skating rink and the chickens kept slipping on it. So I got some sand and made them a path. They loved eating it. Then it snowed again and ruined the path for them. Fuzzy, my roo, was so mad. He hates snow.

Wowsers! We don't get 50 until close to summer time! :eek:
Usually it’s the same here. Those were the only days that it was in the 50s. Then it dropped back down to 30s during the day. It’s been a really mild winter here. But it’s New York and the weather is always crazy. Especially spring and fall. In the fall it could be snowing one day then the next be in the 70s.

:barnie lots of wet snow...stuck the plow twice.. busted one 4-wheeler plow... ran out of gas for the 4-wheelers

:barnie:barnie:barnie

In some miracle eldest drove to work today... got stuck on the driveway once, and kid 3 got him free... think he got to work on time....

:barnie lots of wet snow...stuck the plow twice.. busted one 4-wheeler plow... ran out of gas for the 4-wheelers

:barnie:barnie:barnie

In some miracle eldest drove to work today... got stuck on the driveway once, and kid 3 got him free... think he got to work on time....
Wow. It's snowing here right now. Huge clumps of flakes falling.

We got it all before Christmas. Then it was in the 50s on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So it all melted.
Not to mention all the rain that happened a few days after the massive snow fall.

We've had hardly any snow so far this season.
Most thawed or got rained out.
Ground is hardly frozen so slushy underneath.
Just cold enough to lock up the 3-4" we've got now...
2 more inches tomorrow then I should be able to throw the driveway clear before the next thaw.

Hubby wants to cross country ski and snowshoe.
I learned long ago that nordic ski season is Xmas to V-Day.
Glad I can't ski anymore because the conditions have stunk for the past few years.

Not to mention all the rain that happened a few days after the massive snow fall.

We've had hardly any snow so far this season.
Most thawed or got rained out.
Ground is hardly frozen so slushy underneath.
Just cold enough to lock up the 3-4" we've got now...
2 more inches tomorrow then I should be able to throw the driveway clear before the next thaw.
That’s exactly how it is here. The snow will melt during the day then freeze up at night leaving the run a soggy mess during the day. Even though I have half of it covered. If it doesn’t melt during the day it’s just a sheet of ice that everyone slips on. Next week the weather is supposed to stay in the mid 20s so I’m hoping no more melting. At least until spring.
I had forgotten about the rain until you mentioned it. But that was the reason I had to cover my run. All the rain made it a huge wet mess.

Getting tired of snow.

Lots of plowing today.. and still coming down.
Church is tiny in center
20210310_131420.jpg

20210310_114629.jpg

Back
Top Bottom