How's My Chick Doin'?

Let me clarify to you, grits are only needed for them if you don't feed them commercial feeds. Since I feed my chicks commercial feeds, they don't need grits to help in their digestion. Since the feeds are easy to digest. But thanks for your suggestion!
Actually it depends on the feed you are giving...some may need to be accompanied by grits, and some don't. It just depends.

Also, I don't think you would do it, but please don't tether it. Chickens aren't like dogs, and will break something easily.

Last edited:
My friend said if you feed roosters with laying mass it will lay eggs but it's not fertilized but that's alright cause it produces egg for us to eat for breakfast. If is true if you feed them laying mass they lay eggs?
I'm sorry..I had to chuckle at this. No offense though!

You can eat eggs if they are fertile. As long as they aren't incubated in the shell.

Roosters don't lay eggs. It's impossible. Hens lay eggs.

Actually it depends on the feed you are giving...some may need to be accompanied by grits, and some don't. It just depends.

Also, I don't think you would do it, but please don't  tether it. Chickens aren't like dogs, and will break something easily.
Well, why do I see others tying up one foot? Even my grandpa ties the foot of his black native rooster.

Thanks for letting me know!
smile.png
Your welcome :)

Also, chickens usually stay around home..tieing well.....they will probably freak

Your welcome :)

Also, chickens usually stay around home..tieing well.....they will probably freak
Then when they grow up and are stronger and bigger, but still doesn't crow, I'll borrow my grandpa's chicken coop, I'll find out more how to let the chicks know it's their new home. Therefore, I don't have to tie them up, just free range but their home is the chicken coop. That good?

Then when they grow up and are stronger and bigger, but still doesn't crow, I'll borrow my grandpa's chicken coop, I'll find out more how to let the chicks know it's their new home. Therefore, I don't have to tie them up, just free range but their home is the chicken coop. That good?
I let my chicks free range around 5-6wks old...they stayed near the coop/brooder but throughly enjoyed it. It's so cute seeing them dig up little worms! :O

As long as it is portable
thumbsup.gif

Or if the coop has a run you can leave them in it. Are you in a high traffic area?

Btw, I haven't bought their feeds yet which is sunflower seeds but way smaller pellets. Should I feed them whole grain rice as substitute? Should I crush the whole grain rice to ensure they can digest it? Probably they need grit, but I don't know what's the best one I can find here at my place. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom