How's the cost of feed in your area?

Quote:
Quailmomma & I say that whole heartedly. We are never satisfied but your right its not bad. But the price we are selling quail for suxs. We need to all go up. You raise Bob's forever to get them mature & laying my goodness & turn around & sell them for peanuts. Not right. Five bucks for a 8 month old Bob not even close do the math.

Quote:
Quailmomma & I say that whole heartedly. We are never satisfied but your right its not bad. But the price we are selling quail for suxs. We need to all go up. You raise Bob's forever to get them mature & laying my goodness & turn around & sell them for peanuts. Not right. Five bucks for a 8 month old Bob not even close do the math.

Amen for that!

my local Purina dealer must be taking care of me layer and starter and maintenance is all almost 13-14 / 50 pound bag layer crumbles for my seramas are running about the same

Hi Everyone!
I finally made it out to the feed store.
I got a 50# bag of GBS for $19.27 And a 50# of Chick starter for $19.05
25# Very high quality finch mix $26.19 which I don't mind, my other parakeets and such need it too.

My last trip I was in a hurry and just grabbed a 5# bag of game bird starter and it was $4.99!!
ep.gif
Huge savings buying bulk!

Busy day, the wallet is empty and I hope the kids appreciate me. lol!

50 lbs GBS in our area is 16-18.00 depending where you buy it.

Not for game birds...but for our chickens we have started to cheat, after looking at both tags, we found that 18% chicken pellets are in the 16.00 range, but Pig starter pellets, 18% and almost identical ingredients only cost 11.50 Please don't tell my chickens they are eating pig pellets
tongue.png
We do add scratch grains in with it though.

Glad the peafowl still think they're cats, they're the cheapest at 9.00 for a 40lb pound bag.

Next year we are going to start growing a lot of our "scratch grains" and sun flowers to supplement the feed bill. DW is has already set up a place in the green house to raise winter wheat...when they sprout and get about 4 inches, the pans go in the runs.

Quote:
Wow! That's like half price. I think I need to move next door to you, or make a trip 15 miles north to the poultry capitol of the US...Gainsville, GA. and find a feed mill that will cook me up a batch of GBS for less than $500 a ton. I think I should be thinking BIGGER! I could store a ton of GBS for a while.

Thinking!
smile.png

Quote:
Wow! That's like half price. I think I need to move next door to you, or make a trip 15 miles north to the poultry capitol of the US...Gainsville, GA. and find a feed mill that will cook me up a batch of GBS for less than $500 a ton. I think I should be thinking BIGGER! I could store a ton of GBS for a while.

Thinking!
smile.png

JOE IF YOU CAN FIND A MILL AND MAYBE A FEED BUDDY OR 2 THAT MAKES ALL THINGS POSSIBLE... I HAVE 1 OR 2 THAT PIGGYBACK IN ON TOP OF MY ORDERS FOR FEED... HELPS CUT COSTS BY 45-50% AND THE FEED IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING COMING FROM A FEED STORE

Back
Top Bottom