How's the cost of feed in your area?

I think I will just get a silo LOL
lau.gif

In places like where I live grain has to be trucked in adding to the cost. I used to raise rabbits when I lived in VA. I had around 2000 breeders. This was in the 80's. I purchased rabbit food for $87 a ton. Today in North Idaho it is $620 per ton. I was checking on it back in the summer because I was thinking about getting back into it again on a slightly smaller scale. But not at those prices.

Purina GBS (Medicated, since it's all they carry) is about $20 for 50# bag.

I don't know how much GB Layer is, but I'm thinking of feeding my breeders that again, since I notice they drink a LOT more water on GBS. I don't know why. The color is also different, GBS is darker.

Is it OK to feed them cracked corn? I came upon an opportunity to get some cracked corn for free. He asked me how many hundred bushels I wanted and I asked him if he delivered. I got a coffee can full. If I can get more, maybe I'll get about 50# worth.

Checked & found that (2) feed stores in my area carry non medicated game bird starter. One has a 28% for $20.50 per 50 pound bag & the other has the 30% for $18.50 per 50 pound bag. Guess I will be using the 30%

Sure makes supplementing food with stuff we have around more of an option huh? I think next year when I plant my garden I will do my homework and find out grains and seeds that I can grow to supplement food for my chickens AND my coturnix quail

a 50 lb. bag of Purina flock raiser or layer pellets is $15.99 at TSC, it's couple dollars more if I get it at the locally owned feed store (which I try to do in order to support them)

Just looked over the last couple days and saw 22% off brand for 16.50, 32% for 22.50 those were both 50lb bags, manna pro has their little bags that are outragous too. Also I saw lots of 100w (white and red) infared bulbs for $3 ea. The guy at orchelns said he dosn't think they are going anywhere with the change at the begining of the year and didn't seem to think they're considered incadesant. I know, wrong thread, I just figure I'd throw that in with my feed store price report.

Back
Top Bottom