Hows this feed rank? Birds seem to LOVE it over purina!

Bwaffle

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 8, 2013
Was feeding them Purina finisher, I think 16%.

Switched them, and they LOVE it! Have more energy, eat more, play more.

FRM GAME BIRD PELLETS
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Crude Protein, Min.
20.00%
Crude Fat, Min. 4.00%
Crude Fiber, Max. 8.00%

Anybody know the brand? It says its a complete feed, is that true?
FEEDING INSTRUCTIONS:
FRM Game Bird Pellets is a complete game bird feed and should be fed to growing birds as their sole ration.

Flint River doesn't publish the actual ingredients on the website, that I could find. A feed bag tag would likely show this information.

I really like Gamebird feeds from our local mill. The higher protein is appreciated by the birds. You went from 16% to 20% and it doesn't surprise me your birds prefer it. But percentage of protein doesn't tell the whole story. What kind of protein? Often, Game Bird feeds contain animal protein products, not just plant based proteins. These are very popular with the birds and in my opinion, the birds do much, much better on them.

Birds are not vegetarians, the feed makers push to vegetarian feeds not withstanding.

Last edited:
Here's the ingredients for you guys!

FRM Game Bird Pellets is a complete game bird feed and should be fed to growing birds as their sole ration.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Crude Protein, Min. 20.00%
Crude Fat, Min. 4.00%
Crude Fiber, Max. 8.00%
INGREDIENTS:
Corn Meal, Wheat Middlings, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, Poultry By Product Meal, Dried Whey Product, Animal Fat Stabilized with B.H.A. (a preservative), Limestone, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, Yeast Culture, Dried Streptococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Brewers Dried Yeast and Dried Saccharomyces cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Zinc Methionine, DL-Methionine, Ethoxyquin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, D-Pantothenic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin K Supplement, Magnesium Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate and Sodium Selenite

To me that's meaningless ...I would like to know the ME, and amino acid percentages and ratios, as well as the Ca:p ratio and types....things that feed companies (other than Mazurie) se reluctant to make available.

clint

Back
Top Bottom