Hudson Valley NY *chat thread*

Hello Everybody~

Gearing up to add a few to our flock. Does anyone know where I can get French Copper Marans and/or Welsummers hatching eggs? I'd also like an EE hatching egg or 2.

The new Tractor Supply opened in New Windsor. Hopefully they'll be getting some chicks although I think if they will have them, they'll mainly have red sex-links as they don't usually carry a wide variety of breeds...that's IF they have them at all. Not sure if NW is a chicken friendly zone. I've had chickens for a few years and nobody has bothered me about them but I have a couple of acres and no roosters to disturb the peace!

Regards to all~
:)
I will have autosexing and/or sexlinked (depending on the hens I use) easter "leggers" eggs available this spring. I use my cream crested legbar rooster and a variety of hens and the cream crested legbar hens and a few different roosters. It is my understanding that the blue egg gene is dominant in them and so the resulting chicks always lay a colored egg (blue/green/olive). So, unlike easter eggers which sometimes lay white or brown and are nearly impossible to sex until they grow up, these chicks are much easier to sex and, in my experience, always lay a colored egg.

Hello All,

I am a new egg.... Looking to get into chickens! My goal is to build a coop early this spring, and get started.

Ideally, I want to get 4 - 6 Chickens (interesting breeds if possible) and 2 Guinea Fowl. I am located in Barryville. Does anyone know where I might find some fully grown birds in the spring/early summer.... I want to jump right in, especially with the Guinea Fowl (for the ticks).

Thanks!
Jeremy

Hello All, 

I am a new egg.... Looking to get into chickens! My goal is to build a coop early this spring, and get started. 

Ideally, I want to get 4 - 6 Chickens (interesting breeds if possible) and 2 Guinea Fowl. I am located in Barryville. Does anyone know where I might find some fully grown birds in the spring/early summer.... I want to jump right in, especially with the Guinea Fowl (for the ticks).

Thanks!
Jeremy

Hello Jeremy. I'm in Barryville. I should have a few pullets later in the spring, very interesting breeds in my opinion. I also have 3 guineas that I was going to rehome. 2 are royal purple. Some of my breeds are bielefelders, cream legbars, bresse, isbar, niederrheiner, sweedish flower, orpingtons, and silkies. Not sure what ones will be available when, but I will have some. Hope this helps

Hello! iv been on here for a while and just found this thread!
Im from catskill NY.
Im actually wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming tailgate sales or animal swaps, things of that nature. I will be looking to sell some ducks soon! and of course to see what i can buy lol.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Im from catskill NY.
Im actually wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming tailgate sales or animal swaps, things of that nature. I will be looking to see some ducks soon! and of course to see what i can buy lol.

Thanks!

Keep checking with the TSC in your area. They usually host one. There is also a chickenstock in May. I'm thinking of ordering some duck eggs to hatch myself this year.

Im from catskill NY.
Im actually wondering if anyone knows of any upcoming tailgate sales or animal swaps, things of that nature. I will be looking to see some ducks soon! and of course to see what i can buy lol.

Thanks!
if your still in Windsor come to harpursville on may 28th for chickenstock. . I'm hosting. The thread is new York mini chickenstock 2016 (I think) . There will be a lot of us with all sorts of chicks, eggs and other stuff.

is anyone in the catskill area interested in buying Buff orpington duckling or fertile eggs. From what i read they a fairly rare breed and they lay an egg a day for me. They are also very friendly, pretty ducks. I have a batch due to hatch on april 8th and i will be starting another batch within the next week!
Let me know if anyone is interested! :)

is anyone in the catskill area interested in buying Buff orpington duckling or fertile eggs. From what i read they a fairly rare breed and they lay an egg a day for me. They are also very friendly, pretty ducks. I have a batch due to hatch on april 8th and i will be starting another batch within the next week!
Let me know if anyone is interested! :)

Wish I knew yesterday. I just ordered duck eggs. If mine fail to hatch I will check back with you.

Back
Top Bottom