HUGE DUCK CRISIS, PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

I would think it was more than one to have scared the flock to scattering even into the road, even if they are young and something bigger than a cat, but I'm no expert, we lost 9 2 year old hens before we figured it out as all the attacks were different, was a pack of feral cats hunting as a pack they were so hungry and my rooster had killed one or 2 of them, once your Ducks are settled and treated, do you have a live trap you can set? Personally I'd be sitting outside with a gun waiting.
Yes setting it up tomorrow, i think the ducks were to big to take down, they are huge atm.

Is everyone awake and alert this morning? Eating and drinking?

The wound you think needs to close... is there enough skin left that both sides can be pulled together or not?

If you can pull it together and tape/wrap it to stay that way, it would be great. If skin is missing and it is not a deep puncture wound raw honey can be applied and the wound can be covered with gauze. The gauze won’t stick to the honey and the honey prevents bacteria growth and promote healing and keep things from just drying out and dying.

Hopefully they are all much improved this morning.

The wound you think needs to close... is there enough skin left that both sides can be pulled together or not?

If you can pull it together and tape/wrap it to stay that way, it would be great. If skin is missing and it is not a deep puncture wound raw honey can be applied and the wound can be covered with gauze. The gauze won’t stick to the honey and the honey prevents bacteria growth and promote healing and keep things from just drying out and dying.

Yes, Bella, the one who got bit in the neck won't eat without assistance, she is weaker there? she only takes little pieces and she doesn't quickly shew it down, more of a hurting gulp.

I agree very hard for me to picture a cat doing all of this. Or even brave enough to stand up to a group of Muscovy. But I guess it's could be possible if a very large cat? But then again OP said there were foxes near by.
It's hard to think a cat did it to, but we have lots of feral cats that have even attacked people down here, it wouldn't be that surprising if the cat was hungry enough.

Wound seems bad for bella, but she is doing pretty good on her own besides the eating... the wound is pretty big, I would say skin is about an inch or 2 apart, she has one deeper wound around her neck and then just the skin.

Back
Top Bottom