HUGE DUCK CRISIS, PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Pics
Yes, Bella, the one who got bit in the neck won't eat without assistance, she is weaker there? she only takes little pieces and she doesn't quickly shew it down, more of a hurting gulp.

Maybe if you take her food and add water to make it more of a soup it will be easier for her to get it down. Also you can try giving her a bit of scrambled egg. Hold off on giving her anything big that she would need grit to digest. She is probably quite sore. Hopefully she perks up in the next day or two with some TLC.

looked like i was wrong, feathers should grow in over the wound since they were ripped she did get a deeper bite but the skin should grow over that, bella has a limp still and won't life one of her wings, my drake also has a bad scab on his leg from yesterday that's causing a slight limp.

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_113705.jpg
    IMG_20190820_113705.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20190819_193523.jpg
    IMG_20190819_193523.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 5
Maybe if you take her food and add water to make it more of a soup it will be easier for her to get it down. Also you can try giving her a bit of scrambled egg. Hold off on giving her anything big that she would need grit to digest. She is probably quite sore. Hopefully she perks up in the next day or two with some TLC.
I'll try that.

Gave her some food, wet and mushy, she ate some but when i went to give them new water (took about 5 minutes after cleaning the bucket) she was done eating, guessing she just got sore? I was just happy she ate on her own.

Back
Top Bottom