Huge egg

Nichole1

Chirping
May 23, 2020
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share this! This morning I went to do my normal rounds and found a HUGE egg in my box! Now, the pullet that laid this has only been laying for about 2 weeks now and I was surprised to see it. Turns out its a double yolk! I'm new to chicken keeping and this was very exciting for me lol. Does this happen often? Or was it just a "good day"for my hen? Photos are of her egg from yesterday compared to today. And the double yolk inside!

Attachments

• 20200810_090453.jpg
    20200810_090453.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200810_092629.jpg
    20200810_092629.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone! I'm so excited to share this! This morning I went to do my normal rounds and found a HUGE egg in my box! Now, the pullet that laid this has only been laying for about 2 weeks now and I was surprised to see it. Turns out its a double yolk! I'm new to chicken keeping and this was very exciting for me lol. Does this happen often? Or was it just a "good day"for my hen? Photos are of her egg from yesterday compared to today. And the double yolk inside!

What kind of chicken is it? You might get them often, I have 3 issa browns and they lay double yolks often I get at least one a week.

It happens once in awhile and every time it is very exciting!
I've even had a triple yokers (OUCH!!)
I just read the other day that is like 1 in 25 million chance!! wow

Ive had double yolks a few times in the past. This year with my new pullets, I got one last week from one who just started laying. it wasn't a big egg, just a bit oblong.

Back
Top Bottom