Huge Egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by NewBostonChick, Nov 6, 2010.

1. NewBostonChick

NewBostonChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    New Boston, NH
    My son went out to the coop today and found the hugest egg I have ever seen! My girls just started to lay on Oct. 13th.. most eggs have been small, but this one looks to be the size of 2 or 3 eggs, with some ridges on it? I was not home until after the chickens went to bed, so I hope who ever laid this monstrosity is OK.. Is this normal?? If I knew how to add a photo on here, I would.....

2. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    It's not uncommon for new layers to lay very large eggs, my chickens did and it's also not uncommon for them to lay double yokers either, I enjoyed them while I had them. So enjoy!!! [​IMG] BTW, welcome to BYC.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  3. chickenmom1

chickenmom1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    I know it's hard figuring out everything. I am still doing it. You click on uploads, then browse, then click on your pic and copy and paste image to your message. You'll get the hang of it. That's great about your egg. Just keep an eye to make sure everyone is okay. I'm sure she'll be fine. If not you will know it soon enough. Good luck.
    J

4. HorizonSon

HorizonSon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific NW
    I've got money on it to be a triple yoker! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by