Huge egg!

Here is one that I found on Tuesday. I decided to take a picture of it with a salt shaker, a serama pullet egg and a lemon drop
smile.png
The size comparison is amazing....and yes, it made me say 'ouch' also...the serama egg just made me
smile.png

89767_eggstreme_difference.jpg

I have a couple of pics to share of the one I got yesterday. It looks a lot like yours! It was a double yolker. I am not sure how long it had been sitting, because I found it in a hidden nest, so we didn't eat it. But it was fun to look at!

Quote:
No, probably a black star. I started out with those and "RIR" (production reds) from the feed store. Added a couple of barred rock and one EE my sister picked out. Can't wait 'til spring to get more. Love the different breeds. Most likely will buy eggs to hatch out from folks here. Can't wait!

M.sue :

By any chance did you weigh it? I recently had a couple that weighed 3.1oz / 88g.

I didn't even think of that....will do that now.
Ooooh...beat ya. . It went to 3.3 but settled back at 3.2.
Well, first time I ever weighed an egg!​

Quote:
That is pretty big. I have gotten quite a few DYs but never one this big. Such a thing as a triple yolker? lol

Quote:
I didn't even think of that....will do that now.
Ooooh...beat ya. . It went to 3.3 but settled back at 3.2.
Well, first time I ever weighed an egg!

Congrats.......I only weigh the huge ones, had a triple yolker one time! Your egg was nicely shaped. Sometimes when they are that big they can be a little on the mishaped side.

Back
Top Bottom