Huge Mystery Birds in the trees in my yard, what are they....

Quote:
Nope, 100% a turkey. No doubt. Turkeys can fly very well. Last fall I saw one while driving flying high over a main six lane highway. I knew turkeys could fly, I just never realized how well or how high they could fly.

Yeah the first time I chased up a flock my impression was "They can't possibly fly that high, they're too big!" Man they can get airborne quick too. We regularily have a flock of a couple dozen hang around here--they will get right in with the chickens when the chickens are free ranging. Between the deer, cottontail rabbits and turkeys it's like a Disney movie.

Quote:
Nope, 100% a turkey. No doubt. Turkeys can fly very well. Last fall I saw one while driving flying high over a main six lane highway. I knew turkeys could fly, I just never realized how well or how high they could fly.

I agree...a month ago or so I saw a huge flock of turkeys flying over the road from one stand of pines to another. WAY up high. I was shocked by how well they flew and how high...they were definitely turkeys. I was impressed. That's a wild turkey for sure.

Turkey.
I scared a mother hen with her brood one time. She flew high in the trees and the little ones scattered every where. They blend in real well with the ground cover. I walked on and listened for her calling them all back together, soft purrs.

Back
Top Bottom