HUGE rat snake tried to get into my coop/run + chickens wont stop digging for china! They are diggin

I'd have a stroke, I'm not a fan of snakes and after reading all this 'snake stuff',,,and in the process of building my coop, I'm lining my chicken run with hardware mesh, it's gonna cost me a bundle (these are now million dollar chicks and I haven't even gotten them yet! LOL) with a run that's 12 x 18 (Ft) and 5-6 ft high, but worth it for me to find NO snakes:)

it will be worth every penny! lol snakes are horrible predators... plus you will feel that not only will your babies be safe but you will be safe when you enter the coop! i dont know what i would do if one got into my coop (besides the obvious, crap my pants and have a stroke). once you get your little babies you will become so attached to them and you will be thankful for spending that extra money.
when i first build my coop/run i didnt account for snakes that much. but after what happened to me the other day i have been in the process of "beefing" up my coop/run security. by tomorrow night i will have finished all my adjustments and i swear that thing will be sealed tighter than any prison! lol

good luck with your coop and your new babies when they arrive!
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom