Huggable chicken?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have had all sorts of chicken breeds but I think one of the sweetest I've had are cochins and/or bantam cochins. My black largefowl cochin will let me hold her and snuggle her. Same with my frizzled bantam cochins. Silkies are also known for being quite mellow and huggable. I wish you luck in finding the perfect sweet chickens, no matter what breeds.
Thank you! You made me feel better

Chickens are individuals, you cannot say how 'friendly' any chicken is by its breed. If you order a bunch of 'friendly', 'calm' breeds, Murphys law will take effect and you will get chickens that act......like chickens.

I’m also sorry for your loss and appreciate your sharing with me some good advice. It is sad to see how hard you work and it’s taken away so quickly. Best of luck to you
Thank you! I hope you find what you are looking for. And not to add to the confusion but I LOVE my French Black Maran. She is so sweet! The 6 chicks that were killed, where French Black Marans. I have a few others that I just love but by far that one is my favorite out of all 18.

I’m sure with everyone’s experience with their chickens, you will find what is best for you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom