Hugs needed for me and my family

chicknmania

Free Ranging
17 Years
Jan 26, 2007
central Ohio
I came home from rehab today and found our 9 year old Dachsund dead on the front porch. He had seemed perfectly healthy, although getting pretty gray. At first I thought he had been hit by a car and someone had just brought him and laid him on the front porch, because he was just lying on his side, an odd position. But the road is a long way from our house and there was no sign of trauma, no dirt, scuffs, blood, obvious broken bones, nothing. He was the most maintenance free dog we have ever had, he never ailed anything except skin problems once in a while. He was up to date on all his vaccinations and his heartworm protection. The only thing I could think of is maybe he had a heart attack or stroke. My poor daughters, especially my oldest, she was the love of his life. Our other dog came to the door, saw him, stared, went into our library and laid down with her head on the ground. We buried him beside our pond with lots of rocks and plants for his grave. We loved him.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss! We recently lost our family dog, Colby, and we couldn't take it for very long without one in the house. Now we have a little scruffy dog named Buster. I hope you're able to feel better soon. I know it's hard!

That is the saddest thing I've heard all day long.
hit.gif
Those sweet little dachshunds are such wonderful dogs. I truly am so very sorry for you and your family.
hugs.gif
Here's to your sweet doggy.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Your baby didn't want you to see him pass...he wanted you to find him just the way you did-lying peacefully. My MIL found her daschund in almost the same way last year. My heart goes out to you. I know your pain. Picture him alive and bouncing around on a cloud! Dry your tears with the fur of another one of these amazing creatures God has given to you to love!

Back
Top Bottom