1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

hum Q

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DragunzGirl, Oct 29, 2008.

1. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Ok today i had 19 little fuzzy buts in the bator i needed to take them out so i did, there were like 8 eggs left. Well the hum DID go to like 50 but is up to 60 now did that hurt them at all? i hope not. I do know 1 more has hatched but there is 3 eggs with holes at moment, i can see the little beaks in the holes but 1 out of the 3 beak is not moving.

2. Featherland

Featherland Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Missouri
    That dip in humidity probably didn't hurt but try not to open until the rest have hatched. The chick that is not moving may just be resting. It is normal if you have a couple that don't hatch.

3. Just-Like-Hatching

Just-Like-Hatching Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Dothan, AL
    I know it is hard to do, but it is always better to not open the incubator until the hatch is finished. But who am I to say anything? I open it at times too...

4. DragunzGirl

DragunzGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2008
    Well the reason i opened it is there were so many chicks in there and well some looked like they needed to get out really. The one that hatched a few hours ago in there has a long pink thing still hung onto his belly i think, its like stuck inside the egg and is about 2 inch long and is going under his belly. Should i be worried?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by