Human urine as predator deterrent?

chickbea

Songster
13 Years
Jan 18, 2007
Vermont
roll.png

OK, since I had to put my dog down, I have had a predictable increase in nightly visits from predators. I haven't had any losses yet (knocking on wood...), but I have had to spring suddenly out of bed a couple of times - not good for my heart!
Over the years I've heard people say that if you pee around the perimeter of your land, it helps keep predators away. I can see the rationale behind it, but do you think there is any scientific value to the theory?
Mind you, I don't plan to do the deed myself. It sounds like a job for the men in the family...
tongue.png

I've heard that it works. If you do have the men in your family do the deed, make sure they do it in the dead of night or they'll be in BIG trouble!

Mind you, this is not a predator, but we have a huge deer issue. I've been planting things for years just to have them eaten. So finally I started sending my husband out to pee around the perimeter of all the flowers in the spring, every other night. Worked like a charm!
lol.png

So hopefully it would work the same for predators.

I'll give the hair a try as well.
I don't need to worry for volunteers - my neighbor to the south will be more than happy to help my husband out...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom