Humanely putting a duck down?

littlecreekfarm

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Virginia
I have an almost 3 month old pekin duckling. About a month or so ago he hurt himself somehow. He cannot keep his head up, is very weak, and sturggles to eat, drink and move around. I'veasked for help several times and even called my chicken DR. I don't think he will get any better for he hasn't. He's had niacin in his water for a few weeks. He's clearly suffering, is there any humane way to put him down? I don't want to break his neck or anything, maybe something I can give him?

Thanks,

Erin

Do not give him any human meds that you think will make him fall asleep that is the worst because it doesn't always make them fall asleep, it makes there internal organs start shutting done and then they suffer. You can make a. I will send you a PM with a link to make a chamber that you can euthanize him in. I will included my phone # and I can give you more info on the phone on how to make it.

hello,
I have the same issue, my backyard flock has been exposed to Mareks and I just went through a week of trauma watching my chicken slowly die. If you have a some idea of how to make a chamber for the chicken I could really use it. It is likely more of my chickens will get this and it is not curable

hello,
I have the same issue, my backyard flock has been exposed to Mareks and I just went through a week of trauma watching my chicken slowly die. If you have a some idea of how to make a chamber for the chicken I could really use it. It is likely more of my chickens will get this and it is not curable
I sent you a PM

I
Do not give him any human meds that you think will make him fall asleep that is the worst because it doesn't always make them fall asleep, it makes there internal organs start shutting done and then they suffer. You can make a. I will send you a PM with a link to make a chamber that you can euthanize him in. I will included my phone # and I can give you more info on the phone on how to make it.

I sent you a PM
I have a pekin duck who has very bad bumblefoot and possibly limberneck disease and I do t think she gonna get better, can't walk or eat or drink unless I hand feed and lift her to water bowl. She's just not moving her legs at all now and is shaking quite often, I think I've done all I can and now she's just suffering but still doesn't act depressed, but if she does I'm gonna have to put her down so she doesn't suffer, does your chamber work? I need to know how to do this is she doesn't improve soon

I need to know I have the same thing happening to my duck. She offtens to flip on her back and can move I have to move her head to the water bowl. She is suffering. And I don't know what else to do.

I

I have a pekin duck who has very bad bumblefoot and possibly limberneck disease and I do t think she gonna get better, can't walk or eat or drink unless I hand feed and lift her to water bowl. She's just not moving her legs at all now and is shaking quite often, I think I've done all I can and now she's just suffering but still doesn't act depressed, but if she does I'm gonna have to put her down so she doesn't suffer, does your chamber work? I need to know how to do this is she doesn't improve soon

Oh my - my young Peking is doing the same thing- I treated her for botulism a few weeks ago and I thought she had turned the corner but she is declining again and I feel so bad for her. Her quack is very weak sounding and her eyes are goopy with mucus’s. I have to give her daily baths cause she can not clean herself. Her feathers have not come in fully and the oil in her feathers are no longer present. I really think it’s time to help her die- not sure what to do!

Could you please tell me how to put down an injured duck? I don't mind telling you the whole story, if you want to know, but I need to know how to give him some peace. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom