Humidaire incubators

duckluck

Dulcimyrh Ducks
10 Years
Oct 22, 2009
Illinois
Hey all,

I lucked into a Humidaire hatcher this weekend, not too terribly far from here, which my husband is bringing home as I type this. I have been told that these are the best machines to use to hatch call duck eggs, which I hope to do in the spring. This hatcher appears to be the 21 H.

However, this is only a hatcher...cabinet model, two drawers. Anyone know much about the Humidaire incubators? I am looking for a cabinet model one with an automatic turner, something similar in size to a Dickey's or GQF...I actually passed up a Humidaire drum-type incubator from the same guy, the price wasn't too bad but I think the size and spacial needs of it would have been too much for us. And I was also thinking it would be a real dinosaur as far as electrical draw. Plus, I could find very little about this kind no matter how I Googled, so there was just too much I didn't know about it coupled with the little that I did know that was saying "no, not for us".

So, does anyone know what model of Humidaire I should be searching for if I'd like something to preferably stay under the size of my dishwasher with an auto turner?
big_smile.png
Did they ever make such a model? I wouldn't be adverse to something a *little* larger than stated above, I just don't want to have to have a trailer and three adults to be able to relocate it.

Last edited:
Wow...nobody to weigh in on Humidaire?

I did find some pics of some in the book "Guide to Better Hatching"...anyone know if the model 20 or 21 ever was made with an automatic turner?

hey there, I have a Humidaire model 20, incubator and hatcher. I have used the hatcher as an incubator when I just had to many eggs. Yes, you will have to turn, but I used the egg carton method and just tipped them 3 times a day from side to side. The humidaires hold their temps so incredibly well.

Just keep looking, eventually you will find one. I'll keep an eye out for you too.

Here's a pic of mine. I LOVE them.

incubator022.jpg

I dug them out of my aunts closet, they were barely used almost 20 years ago.

I have the Humidaire Model 50, the drum type. I found it at a flea market for 100.00. I haven't used it yet, the company is no longer in business but there is someone who advertises in the Poulty Press that has parts and manuals. I plan to use mine to hatch duck & geese eggs. I have heard they make excellent waterfowl incubators.

Sunny Creek Farms - 1-218-253-2291 They do not list a website. They specialize in repairs and manuals for Humidaire, Petersime, Jamesway and others.

Well, I jumped off the shelf and am now the proud owner of the complete pair, the hatcher AND the Model 50 incubator! Everyone wish me luck! Will post pics soon as it's light enough to get some pics...the bator has to come in out of the van...never would have thought I could locate a pair in this kind of shape, the incubator has never had a hatch, has only incubated eggs until their time to be switched to the hatcher! Some research made me make up my mind in this direction. Now the fun part begins, getting the hatcher ready to set my eggs in by the end of the week...

Quote:
Thanks, by the way! I called the guy and can get the manuals and any necessary extra parts that might come up from him!
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7001808/width/200/height/400[/IMG
[IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7001809/width/200/height/400]

Can someone please tell me what this incubator is worth is a humidaire rotary electric incubator model 50 Brower manufacturing company Quincy Illinois
Thanks in advance

Old post but is there anyone on here with info I have the incubator Hatcher the fan kicks on but I don't see no power to the temp controller zotron?

Back
Top Bottom