humidity and call duck eggs

suziedoozie

Chirping
12 Years
Feb 6, 2011
I'm so confused. I'm trying to hatch call ducks. They are in a Nurture Right 360 incubator. The articles I've read say keep humidity at 50-52% until lock down. It also says to mist the eggs at least daily. Well of course once the eggs are misted humidity jumps up way too high. I guess what I'm asking how do you mist the eggs without jumping the humidity up in the incubator?

I'm so confused. I'm trying to hatch call ducks. They are in a Nurture Right 360 incubator. The articles I've read say keep humidity at 50-52% until lock down. It also says to mist the eggs at least daily. Well of course once the eggs are misted humidity jumps up way too high. I guess what I'm asking how do you mist the eggs without jumping the humidity up in the incubator?
Open a vent on the bator.

Did that. Had it wide open. Its ok, thanks for the advice. I emailed a lady who wrote the article and she told me that it was ok but, if it rains alot only mist once a week. It has been kind of rainy here.

In my opinion, 50% is too high anyway, for the first 22 days. But it could work in your area. Just keep an eye on your air cells.
As far as misting and the humidity rising, that’s natural. It will settle back down as they dry, so don’t fret it. I don’t mist my call eggs, unless I’m trying to adjust air cells, but I haven’t found it necessary for me. Call hatching is a lot of trial and error for every individual.
Good luck!

The spike in humidity I have found never hurts them at all. And yes I keep my humidity around 45 to 55 for first days and then the last 3 I go between 65 and 70 if possible. Never had a problem with the nurture right. Have had awesome hatch rates this year already. And another incubator I'll tell you that works good for ducks is the kebonnixs 12 egg incubator. Don't hold many but hatches really good.

I show you some of the ones I hatched. Have had 3 perfect hatches with no help whatsoever. Ducks did worry me first time cause they took over 36 hours from pip to zip. But they do take they long usually. Just some of the little cuties I got this year. And everyone of my chicken eggs hatched also in the nr360.
IMG_20210426_154235~2.jpg

In my opinion, 50% is too high anyway, for the first 22 days. But it could work in your area. Just keep an eye on your air cells.
As far as misting and the humidity rising, that’s natural. It will settle back down as they dry, so don’t fret it. I don’t mist my call eggs, unless I’m trying to adjust air cells, but I haven’t found it necessary for me. Call hatching is a lot of trial and error for every individual.
Good luck!
Hi there Michael, Doug‘s have about eight days left. I had a horrible hajj with my last calls. The humidity was too high but I’m scared to put it too low to so I’ve been keeping it right around 50s and high 40s. Do you think that’s OK they are losing weight is there a way to make sure the air cells go down more like you said is missing and cooling does that help with the air cells?

Back
Top Bottom