Humidity and temperature not working!!!

You might need a new wafer. It is a good idea to keep a spare on hand. Usually when you can't maintain heat after everything has been fine you find the wafer is going bad. $6 to replace it. Call around to local places that sell LG's and see if they have one.

Since I have another LG bator right next to the one going quirky, I swapped lids and I'm going to start calling around and looking to replace the wafer. I called Miller Mfg. that makes the LG and I'm waiting for someone to call me back with an answer. The guy has to do some research on it.
hmm.png

Correct me if Im wrong but I dont think LG incubators use a wafer? Sounds like You have a major problem. If the temps are at an acceptable range now, any where between 95 to 102, will not damage the chicks for a short while. leave it there untill you know the eggs have reached that temp. then make slight adjustments. What I mean by this is when you turn the temp down and the eggs are still at 105, it will take them a while to cool down.

Thanks everyone for the replies. My thermostat went out. I ran out and bought another incubator because no one around here carries replacement parts. :| Luckily, the feed store I bought this from (Old Mill Feed in Dallas OR) is going to refund my money for the old one. I'm glad I had the other incubator. I swapped out the lids and was able to restore balance to the eggs before I left. I really hope no damage was done to them.

The Three LG's I have do not have a wafer thermostat but rather some sort of computer chip. Which of course you can't find to replace when they go bad.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom