humidity and temps

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
Ok....I am gonna get this right and hatch LOTS of babies...so.....
what should be a good temp to keep in a still air incubator?
what humidity?
I finally went to wallmart and purchased a thermomiter with a humidity.
Please tell me whatever you guys know.
Thanks
lol.png

frow.gif

Here's one good website that has some of the info you're looking for. http://www.shilala.com/incubating.html
If
you have the AcuRite from Walmart that cost about $12, then just wanted to be sure you know that the probe only measures temp, not humidity. To measure humidity, you'll have to place the entire unit in the bator. It's just a common mistake with that unit.
I do 40-50% humidity the first 18 days(sometimes letting it drop to 35) then 65-70% the last three days. A good still air temp is 101-102 degrees.

i keep my still air lg at about 102. and humidity a little below 50 %. hope this helps. after day 18 usually around 101.5 and humidity above 60 % usually whatever i can get it up too. i use socks wetted down with warm to hot water.

:jumpyohh sounds really good. I will do this.
I dont know what brand it is but it measures humidity and temp and is about the size of your palm. Its neat because it reads the exact same as my old thermometer. YEA!
I will do that, thank you everyone
jumpy.gif

That is funny that you say "chicken coops"
lol.png
tongue.png

I have talked my DH into making a HUGE chicken coop to house at least 9 chickens. I am saying this is a big deal because we only have .7 acers. LOL!
He has built the bottom now but got lots to go.
Doesn't he know I need a farm?!
gig.gif

Well I am so prepared now and I am gonna fill my bator up with 50 eggs...yes I said 50! I am one crazy woman!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom