Humidity dropped while pips.

Stop opening the lid!!!

Let it sit for an hour and then see what the humidity is. Don't touch it...

What was your humidity before you started adding water?

The humidity will start rising even more once the chicks start hatching. You don't want to continue to add water because you will get too high a humidity once they start hatching.

Keep it at that, I wouldn't raise it anymore. Once the eggs start hatching it'll jump to 60+. You don't want it in the 60s or 70s to begin with because when they hatch it will be too high. If it gets too high you will get a lot of condensation and it makes things a lot harder on the chicks that are trying to hatch.

When I did my first hatch, I did the humidity to 65% because that's what I was told to do... When my chicks started hatching it jumped up to 85% and a lot of my chicks did not make it (9 passed away in the egg). They were all fully formed, but they couldn't get out because they were too sticky from all the humidity.

Okay
Keep it at that, I wouldn't raise it anymore. Once the eggs start hatching it'll jump to 60+. You don't want it in the 60s or 70s to begin with because when they hatch it will be too high. If it gets too high you will get a lot of condensation and it makes things a lot harder on the chicks that are trying to hatch.

When I did my first hatch, I did the humidity to 65% because that's what I was told to do... When my chicks started hatching it jumped up to 85% and a lot of my chicks did not make it (9 passed away in the egg). They were all fully formed, but they couldn't get out because they were too sticky from all the humidity.
Now they are chirping like crazy. But they aren’t making much progress, if any

Back
Top Bottom