Humidity dropping overnight- goose eggs

m1chelle1

Crowing
7 Years
6 Years
Jan 12, 2017
East Central Florida
First time goose egg incubation :jumpy:jumpy, and I know it’s a bit more complicated….I’ve read up on what to do and such, but had a question about humidity drops overnight. I’ve got 8 brown Chinese eggs in my nurture right 360. We’re almost 24 hours in and I’m preparing for my first turn, but I’ve got a question about overnight humidity concerns. I’m trying to keep it around 50%, but overnight it dropped about to 35%. Is that kind of fluctuation ok? Should I be waking up to check on it? Not sure with goose eggs if an overnight fluctuation like that will be ok. I did refill the water before bed in the tray. But I also don’t wanna get the humidity too high lol. Anyway, thank you for reading, have a beautiful day!

Cheers
M:bun

I also have a nurture right 360 and it never seems to drop that drastically overnight, if its full. Are you sure the lid is on fully and tight? Are you filling slot A or B?

I also have a nurture right 360 and it never seems to drop that drastically overnight, if its full. Are you sure the lid is on fully and tight? Are you filling slot A or B?
Yeah the lid is in really good. I’m also in Florida so it’s plenty humid here. I’m using slot A only right now. If I fill it too high, it’s actually too high of humidity period. Like 60%+ which I also don’t want lol!

Its humid here in WV too, I never use any water until the final 3 days. But for geese, I know a little higher than normal is recommended. I've only hatched geese twice. I'm thinking I filled the center section (isn't that B?) because A has too much surface area for the initial incubation period.

You could maybe experiment with sponges in shallow dishes of water, if you can't get it where you want with the way the incubator is set up.

Back
Top Bottom