Humidity for hatching duck eggs?

Mine seem to be doing good, its day 20 today and I just candled them the eggs are almost full of darkness the only thing I could see is by the air sac I could see some little wiggling and if I tap the incubator sometimes they will wiggle too, so exciting!!!!
The air sacs look to be were they should be in size. My humidity is staying right around 20% I know that sounds low but its working so who knows :idunno  

:clap 20% is pretty low, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Humidity is not a same magic number for everyone.

And fyi, not every breed works the same either. Alot depends on time of year, ambient humidity, shell condition, etc. Watching air cells by candling is always the best to follow.

Hoping for a great hatch for you!! :fl

Thank you, lock down is Wednesday and next Saturday they should be here or at least on their way, if I did things right that is.

You can pop the lid for a second and let some out, but as long as you have no condensation, it should be fine. If it starts condensating, it needs to be dried up.

It's day 27 and I haven't had alot of noise or any movement but on day 25 when I removed the turner I candled them and they looked good. Should I be worried?

Thank you, lock down is Wednesday and next Saturday they should be here or at least on their way, if I did things right that is.
Cherylr21's babies have decided to come EARLY, she already has one that's Internal pipping and the others are SHADOWING... They got a little impatient and felt the need to see her a lot sooner then planned. They were NOT going to wait until Saturday NOR Wednesday for lock down day. So we had to Lock them down today.. Which makes them two days early..

It's there schedule not ours...

LOL I'm hoping I'm seeing things the correct way, I'm just overly excited! I'm not sure what I'm seeing and being new makes it even worse
barnie.gif
heres some pix they are all of the same egg just different sides which is making different shadows

the third pic is the side of the egg that faces the floor, if that makes sense

So is the small shadow a beak or wing tip, whats the bigger shadow on the opposite side? I only have 2 eggs and the second one has the big shadow on the back side (the side facing the floor) but not a small shadow on the top part (facing ceiling side) of the egg. I'm not sure if its an internal pip or them getting into position, they've been like that for about 24 hours now, lots of wiggling when I shine the light in, I haven't taken them out of the bator to candle, should I? I don't hear any peeping or tapping, oyyy this is frustrating. I'm thinking of calling it a night and see what I wake up too

So is the small shadow a beak or wing tip, whats the bigger shadow on the opposite side? I only have 2 eggs and the second one has the big shadow on the back side (the side facing the floor) but not a small shadow on the top part (facing ceiling side) of the egg. I'm not sure if its an internal pip or them getting into position, they've been like that for about 24 hours now, lots of wiggling when I shine the light in, I haven't taken them out of the bator to candle, should I? I don't hear any peeping or tapping, oyyy this is frustrating. I'm thinking of calling it a night and see what I wake up too
LOL, Don't get Frustrated, I sent you a pm, This will tell you if he's internally Pipped. Message me back with the Results..

Back
Top Bottom