Humidity HDD Incubator

FranzeskaPound

Chirping
Jan 28, 2022
Hi all
I've bought the 12 egg HDD incubator , I have the temp stable at 37.5 but I dont know how to see the humidity reading, if it has one? Does the model have humidity setting or do I need to buy a hygrometer?
20220129_080047.jpg
Instruction book is badly translated and doesn't help.

You will need to get several thermometers and a hygrometer. It's a good thing to test several areas of the incubator to check for cold and hot spots. The thermometers and hygrometer need to be calibrated so you can relie on the accuracy of the readings the sensors are displaying.
Almost all the cheaper incubators that are available have very inaccurate sensors...never relie on the machines sensors. Independent, calibrated sensor's is the way to go.
@aart , has a great article on here about calibrating thermometers, you can find articles on the net for 'salt testing hygrometer.

Goodluck with your hatching.

You will need to get several thermometers and a hygrometer. It's a good thing to test several areas of the incubator to check for cold and hot spots. The thermometers and hygrometer need to be calibrated so you can relie on the accuracy of the readings the sensors are displaying.
Almost all the cheaper incubators that are available have very inaccurate sensors...never relie on the machines sensors. Independent, calibrated sensor's is the way to go.
@aart , has a great article on here about calibrating thermometers, you can find articles on the net for 'salt testing hygrometer.

Goodluck with your hatching.
Hi many thanks for this info I had no idea this would b the case . I assumed the temp on the machine would be accurate. Will be interesting to see what the actual temp is

Hi! I bought the same incubator, as an emergency backup , and just wanted to throw my experience in. I had trouble as well with the instructions/humidity first run (1 chick out of 10 hatched :(
I now have a separate thermometer/humidity reader inside it and am trying again. It does take up extra space inside for less egg capacity , but overall the machine must work since I at least got a healthy chick thankfully. I'll try to link the thread below.
Best of luck!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/hdd-12eggs-incubator.1451711/page-2

Back
Top Bottom