Humidity HELP day 18

Critter Crazed

Chicken Cuddlin' Cheesehead
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
I can't get my humidity up! I don't know why! I put three wash cloths and two sponges and a bowl of water in there and it's lower than it was when I put one washcloth in there.
sad.png
Somebody please help I don't want to shrink wrap my eggs.

I have a LG Still air and the humidity is at 50% day 18.... please please help. Do you think my hummidity gage is off? I did calibrate it in the beginning of my hatch

My mom is off to get good sponges for me (I don't think the ones we have were retaining water cuz they were foamy car washing sponges) and a new humidity gage. Am I doing something wrong? I'm so worried for my eggs...

Last edited:
WONDERFUL idea
lol.png

I'm putting a dehumidifier in my room (I have a cold so it benefits both of us) lol
smile.png

I'll try the maxi pad too!!!

I started with an LG still air
barnie.gif
he.gif
I hated it but we all have to start someplace. Any way..... I placed as many small tubs as I could fit in the bottom tray. The water channels provided are NOT enough!!! I then added 4 wadded up papper towels under the small holes (on the wire mesh) in the corners of the lid. I used a syringe to add HOT water to them all day long. Just enough to keep them wet with out dripping. I left the plugs in until they strted to zip and hatch! Even then I only removed 1 until they finished hatching then removed the other when I had actual chicks and not eggs!

Good luck and God Bless!

Last edited:
I am having the same problem - I have a brower top hatch - the whole bottom is filled with water and i have a brand new sponge cut up and in there a humidifier running and still 50 %
he.gif

My DH is in the HVAC business so I have his $500 hydrometer to check the humidity (just in case the other 2 were wrong ) and it is still saying 50% .
I will try the maxi pad hope it works
this is my 2nd attempt at hatching in this thing and the 1st did not do so well .

Hope we both have good luck
fl.gif

Good luck to you too karen
fl.gif

I will add warm water through the holes all day today! and I'll keep you guys posted. I put a humidifier in there and the humidity is still at 55%
sad.png
actually now like 49%..

Yup I did, what nic said lol. It is 10% off so I subtract 10% from what it says. It says 63% now so it's 53% :S. I took out the maxi pad and sponges and put in wet paper towelling and a washcloth and it went up 3%...

I have two pips already and its day 18! day 19 in 5 hours... and one chirped at me!!!

Back
Top Bottom