Humidity Help please

Oct 2, 2021
So this is my first time with an incubator and we candled yesterday on day 14, 11 out of 12 are viable but 6ish of them are like only fill half of the egg instead of majority of the egg like the others??? They all moved during candling so we know they are all alive at the moment!...
Anyways I was worried they haven't lost anywhere near the weight they should of by now according to the 11-13% loss for humidity levels on day 8??? So I added a bit more water and had humidity at about 65% (using an independent hygrometer as incubator one is dodgy) from day 8... anyways yesterday day 14 they had lost a couple of grams each but still won't lose the 11-13% by day 18... then I see someone say *not on this site* their chicks died coz of too much humidity for too long, now I'm freaking out they have had humidity at 75% for the past 24hrs and we are only day 15... can someone please share some knowledge on this so I can stop guessing and freaking out

So this is my first time with an incubator and we candled yesterday on day 14, 11 out of 12 are viable but 6ish of them are like only fill half of the egg instead of majority of the egg like the others??? They all moved during candling so we know they are all alive at the moment!...
Anyways I was worried they haven't lost anywhere near the weight they should of by now according to the 11-13% loss for humidity levels on day 8??? So I added a bit more water and had humidity at about 65% (using an independent hygrometer as incubator one is dodgy) from day 8... anyways yesterday day 14 they had lost a couple of grams each but still won't lose the 11-13% by day 18... then I see someone say *not on this site* their chicks died coz of too much humidity for too long, now I'm freaking out they have had humidity at 75% for the past 24hrs and we are only day 15... can someone please share some knowledge on this so I can stop guessing and freaking out
When I needed my air cells to grow and my eggs to loose more I lowered my humidity
Raising it will actually have the opposite affect and keep more moisture in the egg

Can you please get pictures of the eggs?View attachment 3131879
20220525_074837.png

Attachments

• 20220525_074116.png
    20220525_074116.png
    417.4 KB · Views: 8
Oh okay! I'll let it now!
I do duck eggs but chicken eggs many run more dry
20-40 % for first 18 days
With my ducks I run 45-50 first 25 days
This time I went higher around 55 and my air cells were to small come day 21 so I lowered it to 30% and in 3 days they improved where I needed them to be
Good luck on your hatch
My babies are due tomorrow but we got a little surprise with one late tonight :)

I do duck eggs but chicken eggs many run more dry
20-40 % for first 18 days
With my ducks I run 45-50 first 25 days
This time I went higher around 55 and my air cells were to small come day 21 so I lowered it to 30% and in 3 days they improved where I needed them to be
Good luck on your hatch
My babies are due tomorrow but we got a little surprise with one late tonight :)
That's good to know... I have taken all the water out and its now sitting at 45% so hopefully it will be okay

I know they look like blood rings in the photo but they aren't in RL and they definately bob around inside, are you supposed to use your flash or something?

Back
Top Bottom