humidity help

greenthumb89

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
pulaski wisconsin
this is my first time hatching and i am having problems keeping the humidity constant. if i fill the troughs at the bottom it goes to 70+ and if i empty them it goes to 35...dont kn ow what to do please help...it is a little giant still air incubator.

Add just a little water. The humidity increases by the amount of water surface exposed to the air. If you don't have a turner in there and have room just add a dish with some water and see what it does.

also you might try opening a vent hole when the humidity is high and closing a vent hole when the humidity is lower to try and regulate it some. Just have to play with it a little.

i am also wondering what the humidity during the first 18 days should be ive read anywhere from 40-60 and that is a large range and im nervous already about this would really like a more clear answer thanks.

I have a LG still air too and found the same problem. While incubating, I only filled the two bigger troughs, adding a little as need to maintain 40-45%. On day 18, I filled them all and added a piece of sponge with a wet paper towel over it and my humidity has been consistent. Had to add the sponge and paper towel because I had trouble getting it up to 65.

Back
Top Bottom