humidity help

OperationHatch

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Otsego, MI
My Coop
My Coop
I am having a horrible time getting my humidity right. I have two containers full of wet paper towel and my humidity is reading at 24%. Any ideas? This is a LIttle Giant incubator. I had to take out the fan to make it easier for me to refill the water containers without opening the incubator. I need to get the eggs to lockdown conditions no later than tomorrow monring. i was hoping to get it there tonight.

I too am using an LG and thought all was well, I now suspect my thermometer & humidity was off all along. My hatch day is tomorrow. At lockdown I put additional thermometers & another for humidity. The temperatures read within 4 degrees of each other, but the humidity gauges are off by 15-20%. I do believe the new one is working as if the humidity rises up too far I can see condensation & can reduce it by taking out one or both plugs fairly quickly. I put additional plastic cups with sponges under the wire in the area under one of the air vents that I can reach with a straw to add water. I am hoping all is well here & wish you the best of luck with your hatch.

I too am using an LG and thought all was well, I now suspect my thermometer & humidity was off all along. My hatch day is tomorrow. At lockdown I put additional thermometers & another for humidity. The temperatures read within 4 degrees of each other, but the humidity gauges are off by 15-20%. I do believe the new one is working as if the humidity rises up too far I can see condensation & can reduce it by taking out one or both plugs fairly quickly. I put additional plastic cups with sponges under the wire in the area under one of the air vents that I can reach with a straw to add water. I am hoping all is well here & wish you the best of luck with your hatch.

I have a few LG's I have some that I blocked the bottom holes which makes getting the humidity up easier. Before I blocked the holes I would take some thick papper towels fold them up two-four layers thick. Lay one end in the water well and the other sticking into the outside ring. I can usually keep up the humidity. I just have to keep the wells filled.

yeah they lift right up. IF I remove a chick before all my eggs are hatched, I open a window grab them out quick and close it. Lets out a lot less heat and humidity that way. But I would just lift up the corner. Small crack.

Back
Top Bottom