Humidity in a Hoverbator 1588

aqhaktberry3

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Central FL
What should the humidity for hatching chicken eggs be in a Hoverbator 1588 with a fan? Also how do you lower the humidity? Thanks!

Last edited:
Everyone's humidity tends to be a little different depending on where you live. You'll have to do several hatches and see what humidity works best where you live. But, this is how I do mine in NC: I keep my humidity levels between 40 - 50% (usually on the low side of those) from day 1 thru 18. Then, I bump the humidity to 60 - 70% for the last 3 days by filling all the wells.

Remove some or all the water, don't open the bator very often. Any time you make a change, give it at least 4-6 hours to really adjust.

That's a good incubator.

Quote:
I just went thru this yesterday. After a small revelation ( and remembering I was told earlier ) You can remove one of the plugs to lower the humidity. Once I did that, the humidity was right where I needed it. The temp didn't drop, just the humidity. It's been holding steady ever since.

Bluemoon

I actually run my incubators with none of the plugs in, this makes it easier to adjust the humidity when hatch time comes.

Humidity does greatly depend on where you live, I usually run mine at about 35%, unless it's quail or ducks, then it's at least 50%. But that's what works for me, might not be the same for you.

Normally, I just let mine dry out on its own, unless the humidity is really high, but I haven't had to add water to either incubator for a month at least, and it's been about 35-40% the whole time. The only one that needs water is the hatcher.
smile.png

Quote:
Humidity range is the same for all chicken breeds. It's ducks, geese and the such that needs different humidity levels from chicken breeds.

Back
Top Bottom