Humidity Issue!?!

Yes, I am planning on calibrating my hygrometer soon. I have one question. Is the purpose of humidity during this to make sure the air cell grow (besides hatching)?
As far as I know, it's to 'control' the evaporation from the eggs which is indicated by air cell growth and/or weighing.

To hit my target humidity I often have to run dry for the first 18 days and have had very good results with dry incubation personally. Seeing that you are in an area with fairly high humidity I would think dry incubation would be a valid option to try if you wanted to. :)
i did calibrate my hygrometer and it is 6% over. So finally the humidity is starting to drop. Rn it is at 50%. Should i do a dry incubation with my janeol 12? Or now that i know it’s calibration do i keep adding water? The eggs are on the 3rd day.

i did calibrate my hygrometer and it is 6% over. So finally the humidity is starting to drop. Rn it is at 50%. Should i do a dry incubation with my janeol 12? Or now that i know it’s calibration do i keep adding water? The eggs are on the 3rd day.

If I was in your position I would run dry and only add water if the humidity dropped below 25%, then check on day 7 and see if your air cells are on target and adjust from there if needed, checking again on day 14 and again adjusting if needed. 50% average humidity would definitely be high for me and I would expect I might run into issues at hatch due to the air cells not growing enough.

I like aiming for 25-35% humidity days 1-18 and 60-75% days 18 - end of hatch. That's just me though, whatever you decide to do is probably fine as long as you are willing to check air cell growth and adjust humidity levels as needed. :)

Back
Top Bottom