Humidity issues?

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
We built a homemade bator to use as our hatcher since we have two clutches going right now. One due around the 4th and one the 11th. So we have the temp and water trays going. What I was having a problem with is the accurite says 55% so I need it a little higher yet, but the glass pane in the top has water beads all over it. Does this mean we need to add a vent port up on top to relieve the water build up yet more water trays in the base? We haven't added sponges or anything yet either.

Is it a still air incubator?
If so, Maybe an old pc fan would help things out?

Take care!!
Michelle

What is the bator made out of? Some materials just make water bead up on them. I know with my homemade bator (made out of a cardboard box, with sheet stro lining, and glass window pane for viewing), the glass always gets steamed up when I get the humidity up high enough. It really stinks to, cuz I have to open the top to see what the temp and humidity is, which lets the humidity out!

Its a styrofoam ice chest. We have a plexi-glass window in the top for viewing. It doesn't have a fan in it. I figured I wouldn't need it because it might dry the air out a little on the eggs when hatching?

If you have a small enough fan, it shouldn't dry them out. You do have other vents in it? I don't think it would hurt to put extras in at the top, but only do one at a time, and don't make them too big, it is easier to make more holes than to take some away!!

Back
Top Bottom