Humidity level for lockdown

PolloGal

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
Eastern TN
Hi. I have one of the incubators that is 2 tier…kinda generic…does a lot of eggs. And…it is new. I have 5 turkey eggs in it and can’t get the humidity above 69 without specifically setting it higher. I am only using it as one tier…which is fine. I have towels around it instead of the styrofoam (so I can see the eggs) and the water chambers are full. If I set it higher…it won’t fluctuate…it will stay at the set humidity and try to keep it there. What does does the humidity need to be? Is 75% good….because the egg shells are harder than on chicken eggs? I just want to be sure I am giving them a great chance at hatching. Thanks.

Hi. I have one of the incubators that is 2 tier…kinda generic…does a lot of eggs. And…it is new. I have 5 turkey eggs in it and can’t get the humidity above 69 without specifically setting it higher. I am only using it as one tier…which is fine. I have towels around it instead of the styrofoam (so I can see the eggs) and the water chambers are full. If I set it higher…it won’t fluctuate…it will stay at the set humidity and try to keep it there. What does does the humidity need to be? Is 75% good….because the egg shells are harder than on chicken eggs? I just want to be sure I am giving them a great chance at hatching. Thanks.
The way to increease the humidfity is to increase the surface area of the water.

Back
Top Bottom