Humidity levels?

Puresilk

Songster
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
Yale
I read all this about checking and changing humidity, but my incubator does not have a guage for humidity, how would I change it, and how would I know what to change it to and when to change it??? It just has a thermometer in it....I have been keeping it right at 100 degrees

But how do you change the humidity without changing temperature? Do all incubators require humidity guages?

Last edited:
the incubator has a couple pencil sized holes in the top (custom holes I believe), and several smaller holes in the bottom, does that have anything to do with it?

To change humidity, you do not change the temp, you just add or reduce amount of water in the bottom of the tray. Humidity is extremely important to a successful hatch.

No red plug. I asked a friend of mine last night that used to raise a lot of chickens, and he said some of the smaller styrofoam incubators (this one included) never had a humidity guage. He said he never used a humidity guage, just make sure it doesnt run dry, and he hatched hundreds of chicks?

Back
Top Bottom