Humidity on the incubator! Pls advice this newbie!

glendor787

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Virginia and Puerto Rico
Good morning chicken lovers!
So I set up my incubator last night. Everything check perfectly...except the humidity deal! So I put water in the slots. The instructions said that it should be 55 to 60% with no further instructions. The hygrometer mark 80%...do any of you know if this will affect the hatching? How can I get the exact %?
Thank you and have a great day!

Well I have a home built incubator that I have had success with four different hatches, I keep my humidity at around 65-70 during incubation and raise up to near 80% during hatch day. Ive read into this and it seems to me low humidity would be worse than say a little to high, so good luck and just get it as close as you can.

my humidtymis usually 45 during firstm18 days and I use dry incubation and last 3 days its 55 %
abiut increasing humidty ad water and to lower humidty put no water or less depends on ur area my avg humidty in the room is 57 so I turn up the ac for lowering humidty

I removed must of the water, the humidity is 60%, I put the eggs inside at 99.5, came from work and it was 101, so I lowed it a bit, now is 99.5. I hope they hatch, but I'm not very happy with the incubator.

i did my first batch with no humidity reading. around 99-100 degrees. the whole time i just added water to the trey and the last 4 days filled the treys and added a couple kitchen towels soaked in water to bring the humidity up. i got 8 out of 10 hatched. in my opinion keep the humidity up and good to go. i am on my 2nd hatching now and 9 eggs all candle perfect. just keep the temp around 100 and humidity up and they should be good.

thats right about where mine is . had 8 out of 10 eggs last time so good luck.its awesome to see them when they hatch. my last hatch is now over 2 weeks old all are doing great but not as cute as they were at 4 days old.getting their feathers now the fuzzy down is going away and they are slobs. .cant wait to put them in the coop this weekend.

i have another batch of 9 eggs due monday or tuesday. humidity is 55 and temp around 97. see what happens. i have 3 week olds going to the coop saturday then these in 3 weeks.then i am done for a while. too much to care for. i just got a pot belly pig last friday. from a rescue shelter. so i am occupied with her. i will say this she is awesome .friendly and smart.

Back
Top Bottom