Humidity Question

Brendakp

Hatching
Nov 9, 2022
Hello,

This will be my first time to attempt hatching baby chic's in an incubator. I am a 5th grade teacher and a huge bird lover. I'd like to give my students the experience to watch this wonder. So, before I plan on beginning, I made sure I had homes for the chic's IF they hatched. Fortunately, I have a friend who has a farm and eager to take them. Our science department gave me an incubator. It's very small. It looks like one of those automatic egg boilers. Anyway, my question is how to keep the humidity right over the weekends? I could come to school once a day each weekend, but this incubator says I need to add water three to four times a day. School security will not allow this and I live 30 minutes from school. Is there another way to do this with the incubator they gave me, or do I need to just purchase a more expensive incubator myself? Can I rig a sponge for the weekend? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I wanted to do this project in the spring 2023. Below is an example of what my incubator looks like. Thank you for your time.
Brenda

View attachment 3317623

The link doesn't work. As for holding the humidity, might be better not to start this project if you want success out of it. Most small incubator are not reliable as is hence why it needs to be monitored at all times. And since that's not an option I wouldn't start.

Back
Top Bottom