1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Humidity Question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kandyg_99, Oct 14, 2008.

1. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Okay having issues with keeping up my humidity in my incubator.My duckings will be hatching on October 23rd,Here is my question.
    I have a digital cabinet incubator so humidity and temp are all digital readout well the temp has been perfect 99.5 throughout all incubating and the humidity is what is driving me crazy-The highest I can get it looking back on my records I've kept is 45% I have added more water containers and sponges but just cant keep it up there.Any help would be great....

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Are the vent "doors" on the back closed? That was my problem when I couldn't get the humidity to stay up in the cabinet `bator. I put tape over them as an extra measure b/c they weren't tight enough.

3. kandyg_99

kandyg_99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Vent doors are closed even tightened them a bit.I don't want to lose this hatch. It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by