Humidity reading wrong

chubbchubb7

Songster
Apr 19, 2016
Ok. I have an incubator with an alarm for when the humidity is wrong. I bought a thing to check the humidity and temp on an old one. The incubator is reading 30% but my hygrometer says 53%.... which explains why a lot of my chicks drowned in the last hatching. But I don’t know how to change the reading of the incubator.... or turn off the alarm?
It’s Sonoco or something like that... it was suggested by people in another group
I’ve tried hitting the set button, which allowed me to up the temp from 38 to 38.5 which was closer to 99.5 on my hygrometer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 5
Push set for 3 seconds.
Push ‘+’ until AS is displayed
Push set
Use +/- to set humidity alarm level
Push set to confirm

You just saved my sanity!!!! Got it fixed!!!! Thank you a thousand times!!!! Maybe this time I will get a good hatch

You can adjust displayed temp also by selecting CA and adjusting from there. It will allow you to adjust indicated vs actual. If actual is 36 and indicated is 37.5..... Set CA value at -1.5. Let it equalize and adjust as needed.

Other adjustments
AL will alarm low if temp drops specific amount from set point (1 in menu will alarm if temp drops 1 degree from set point )

AH will alarm same way except higher than set point

HS and LS are high and low temp limits. Haven’t figured what they are for yet either.

I have same machine labeled as a yescom

I am ironing out the kinks before my eggs get set next week. The water channels are funky. There is an outer and inner channel. Kind of a pain to hit one vs other. My humidity seems to run 15-20% higher than indicated. My plan is to add 10mL water at a time and observe.

so I set another batch of eggs thinking I had it corrected. I think the temps were too high. I’ve lost 3. 2 pipped and died within hours, one hatched the died. So adjusting and crossing my fingers more hatch. At this point only 6 of 56 have hatched 😞

What was temp and humidity during incubation??
I think I have the temps right. Is there a way to keep it from getting too high? Or to make it just right? Right now it’s on 98.7, it’s trying to heat up.... 99.5 is ideal right?

Back
Top Bottom