humidity too high/too low?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KattyKillFish, May 12, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    okay, i have ASKED AND ASKED with no results, but 100th time is the charm, right?

i am hatching valley quail eggs. i asked if 35% was too low, no answer and the eggs were waiting for three days so i put them in today.

is 35% too low? (it moved up to 39-40% and that's what it's been at for a long while now)

80% is too high during the hatch, now i know that. i didn't get THAT question answered when i needed it and i have very few silver phoenix chicks. luckily, the SUPER AWESOME NICE FELLOW JAYARE is sending me LOTS of extras! i reccomend him as a seller any day of the week! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

anyhow, i want to know. how low is too low and how high is too high?
    i hand turn all my eggs if that makes a difference...

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Well, I have never hatched quail eggs, but if they are like chicken eggs I incubate at 50-55% and hatch at 65-70%. My last two hatches were 100%. Did help two chicks out though. I hand turn also.

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    really? i've always done 40-50% am i making a mistake?

thanks for the info!

4. Dirt Road

Dirt Road Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Southern Idaho
    Humidity requirements can vary a great deal from one area to another, from season to season, and from machine to machine. What works for chicken eggs for you should be OK for quail eggs.

Jim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by