humidity

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
Hi It's my first time with an incubator, can somebody please inform me if the humidity is too high? If so please inform me how to lower it, I have an everygrow incubator
20231227_181619.jpg

Here's a YouTube video for it. There might be more on YouTube but when I googled your incubator, that was the first thing to come up.

Humidity for regular chicken eggs should run around 50% until three days before hatching. Then you stop the turning and increase humidity to about 70%.

It shouldn't be condensing like that. It may do that momentarily when they hatch.

Good luck with your hatch!

Hi It's my first time with an incubator, can somebody please inform me if the humidity is too high? If so please inform me how to lower it, I have an everygrow incubatorView attachment 3713462
Welcome to BYC! :frow

What stage of incubation are you at?

It's not uncommon for it to get over saturated like that if a bunch are currently hatching inside.

But if you are earlier in incubation.. there should never be condensation and would be a definite indicator of too high humidity. If in early stage.. open lid and wipe with dry cloth.

Also.. nothing can live without air.. open that vent ALL the way.

Welcome to BYC! :frow

What stage of incubation are you at?

It's not uncommon for it to get over saturated like that if a bunch are currently hatching inside.

But if you are earlier in incubation.. there should never be condensation and would be a definite indicator of too high humidity. If in early stage.. open lid and wipe with dry cloth.

Also.. nothing can live without air.. open that vent ALL the way.
Hello it was my first day of incubation yesterday when I posted that, and and I had my vent all the way open. Today I checked up and the lid was completely clear with only some condensation at the side so a think it's all good. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom