Humidity

erin0415

Songster
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
North Texas
I am on day 6 and my humidity has ranged from 57-64% humidity, with the average range being about 61-62%. Is this to high this early? Should I try to come down a little??? Its my first hatch so I don't have any reference to go by. I've had a little temp fluctuation, but now it is staying pretty steady at 100 degrees.

A little high. You can let it drop. I have been keeping mine around 45-50 with good results. Then raise up to around 65 the last few days and I don't think I lost any to humidity related issues this last hatch.

OK. I'll let everything dry out a little. Air cells look like they are a good size right now. Couldn't wait and candled a few tonight. Saw movement in one!!! I will candle the rest tomorrow on day 7.

K. Took out one small sponge. Will see what we look like in the morning. Expecting my Brinsea incubator thrmometer tomorrow so I can see if my temps have been accuate.

Got my Brinsea thermometer today and discovered I've been running 1-2 degrees hotter than I thought. Hopefully I didn't cook my eggies. I candled today (it's day 7) and saw movement in three. Several others looked promising. There were about three I thought looked bad. I did manage to get my humidity down to about 54%. Sooo...we shall see in about 14 days

What kind of incubator do you have? That will have a bearing on your temp. Good luck with your first hatch - Very exciting! The first eggs I candled and saw movement I was just in awe.

Then you want temps 99.5. I have LG still air and the wells in the bottom filled with water always kept the humidity around 40-45%. Ihave bowls & sponges in there now with apaper towel wicking water out & still I haven't been able to get it past 65% for these last days but I think this should be just about right

The amount of water you need can vary alot. During the summer I had my hovabator up to 85% on accident. I started up my incubator again yesterday to read 4% humidity in the house lol Even after filling the tray I only have 43%. Guess that's an added problem to incubating later in the year.

Back
Top Bottom