humidity

heidiammar

In the Brooder
May 19, 2015
birmingham uk
heyy all hope your all well...
I have silkies in the incubator first day they humidity went high :( so im really worried that they wont hatch it went to 70% Im not sure wot to do.. if i should check them or give up :( any ideas advice appreciated. this is our 2nd lot first lot we had black marans and 2 hatched out of 9
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

heyy all hope your all well...
I have silkies in the incubator first day they humidity went high :( so im really worried that they wont hatch it went to 70% Im not sure wot to do.. if i should check them or give up :( any ideas advice appreciated. this is our 2nd lot first lot we had black marans and 2 hatched out of 9
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
Hi there!! Humidity spikes and drops do not affect the eggs on any given day. The average humidity over the period of the incubation is what is vital to the eggs and chicks. You can have high humidity all day (or low) and it won't kill the chicks. We control humidity to let the egg loose the proper amount of moisture during the incubation period. Your eggs are fine. I'm going to give you a link, hopefuly you'll find useful. It's the method I use for humidity control, but it explains the significance of it. I really think it'll help ease your mind and help you.

http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity

Back
Top Bottom